Saturday, August 15, 2009

Florida Pics Part 3

Here are some more pics from our Florida trip. Some of them are kind of random!

First, a pic of Mickey in the afternoon parade at the Magic Kingdom


This is just a cool decoration hanging from a light pole near the entrance of the Magic Kingdom.


The barbershop quarter that performs outside Casey's Corner daily.


Bruce walking down Main Street USA! When I go to Disney World and enter the Magic Kingdom, this view is my very favorite. I just have to stand at the end of Main Street, breathe deeply while looking at the castle, and everything is right in my world again!


This is one of the Friendship boats that took us from place to place. We went back to our hotel after leaving the Magic Kingdom, showered, and changed our sweaty clothes and then booked it over to Epcot on the boat!


And we had to get to Epcot by a certain time in order to surprise Donna, one of my best friends. She was on her first-ever trip to WDW and I knew that she and her family were eating that night in the Canada pavillion at Epcot in a restaurant called LeCellier. So we waited around the corner from the entrance to LeCellier and watched for them to arrive. One they did, Donna was reading the outside menu when I snuck up behind her and put my hands over her eyes. I said "it's someone from home" and she recognized my voice and said "you're kidding me!" She knows how much I love Disney!


This picture and the second last picture show our main course at dinner that night. We ate at Chefs de France in the France pavillion at Epcot. Bruce and I kind of "mixed and matched" our dinners. His came with the steak, scalloped potatoes, green beans, and tomatoes. Mine came with the steak and little fried potatoes. when we got them, we kind of looked at each other and said "you wanna trade" at the same time? Too funny. It worked out perfectly but I forgot to take pictures of the meals before we started to dig into them!


This soup was so wonderful. French Onion is one of my favorites anyway, and this one was great. And it was a pretty nice amount of soup too, not just a few spoonsful! YUM!


One of my goals is to someday eat at all the Walt Disney World table-service restaurants. That is a really hefty goal considering I only get there maybe every 2-3 years (but sometimes only for a day, like this trip). And.....there are A LOT more restaurants there than one might think. For example, there are 12 table-service restaurants in Epcot alone! Plus, there are so many hotels now and each of the larger ones have more than one restaurant. Also, the restaurants (like anything else) change periodically. Anyway, I can dream, can't I?


And finally, dessert! Creme Brulee. Bruce did not get dessert but ate a little of mine.


That's all for today. I still have more, which I will try to post soon. With school starting up, it may be a few more days in between my posts now though.

1 comment:

Kathy G said...

Great pictures!

Does your friend have on a "Happy Birthday" button? It looks like the one I got in January when I was there for my big day.