Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Rambling...........

Well, we made it home from vacation safe and sound, we are unpacked, the laundry is done and put away, and life is back to "normal." Whatever that means! August is here. Sigh.....August. Like I've said to a few of my friends.....why does 2 weeks in December sound like an eternity, but in August it just sounds like a little "blip"? When someone tells me that we get 2 weeks off for Christmas, I jump with joy; when someone says that school starts in 2 weeks, I wonder "where did the summer go?"

This is going to be a very busy school year for me. We got new books at the end of last year. New books are great.....shiny, no torn pages or writing in them. But then again, new books for teachers means all new lesson plans, in accordance to those new books. So even though I have taught Geometry and Algebra 2 in the past, I've never taught them out of this book. So I gotta do it all over again. And on top of that, I have a 3rd class this year which I have never taught before. I am depending on another teacher friend of mine to guide me on this one. He's taught the class in the past and he is teaching it again this year along with me.

I get excited about new school years though. Meeting my new students, getting used to a new schedule, making my lunch again (because it's actually a healthy lunch during the school year!), and going to football games! The only really bad part is getting up early. I HATE getting up early. I love my sleep! Oh well, I guess that gives me something to look forward to on weekends, right? Ha ha!

No comments: