Tuesday, July 17, 2007

B1's softball team won their playoff game tonight, 3-2! It was a pretty exciting game. She pitched the first two innings, allowing both of the other team's runs. Then two other girls came in and pitched and did wonderfully to carry us through the game. B1 played first after she pitched and she does a really good job in that position. Next game: Thursday night against the #1 team. If we beat them, we would have to play them again on Saturday since the final tournament is double-elimination and they have not lost yet while we have lost once. Keep your fingers crossed...........

I am going with two girlfriends to Tuscola, IL tomorrow to the outlet mall there. It's not huge like the one at Lake of the Ozarks but for central Illinois, it will do just fine. We also plan to go to the Amish country in Arthur and Arcola, IL. We will pass right by my college town, Charleston, on the way and it will kill me not to drive through there and go to Jimmy John's for a sub! I absolutely love the Big John with extra mayo! Those sandwiches are probably where most of my college weight came from.........seriously! The Jimmy John's store in Charleston is the ORIGINAL one and even though we have them much closer to home now, there's nothing like going back "home" to the Charleston store for me. Oh, the memories..........

We are also having our new bedroom furniture delivered tomorrow, while I am not home! But I think I have instructed my hubby about exactly where everything should be, so I'm sure he will do just fine. I look forward to tomorrow evening when I get to "move in to" my new dresser. Thursday the new living room carpet is being installed. Our house is completely torn up right now and looks terrible but it will be great when we are through! B1's new bedroom in the basement is coming along as well. She and her dad painted some of it today so she is getting very excited about it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth...Sounds like you guys have been watching too many 'home improvement' shows on TLC, HGTV, etc. We'll see ya at the Homecoming on Saturday night.

Anonymous said...

Hey! I went to the Jimmy Johns for the first time a couple weeks ago to take a trip down to Charleston....I loved it! Hope all continues to go well! Hopefully see ya soon!