Monday, July 23, 2007

Nice Surprise

Today for lunch, we met a few friends at our county fair, held in Highland, IL. When my husband was younger, he fell in love with the pizzas that are served at this fair, and now our entire family loves them. I chose, however, to run through McDonald's drive-thru first and grab myself a sald. I guess I decided to be "good" with my food intake today since I know I ate way too much last night at Ponderosa. Anyway, I ordered an Asian salad with grilled chicken and Sesame Ginger salad dressing. I love salads anyway, so it takes a lot for a salad to be "ruined" for me, but much to my surprise, I really liked this salad. I have been label reading lately and was shocked to read that 2 TBS of Kraft Catalina Light has only 1 gram of fat as opposed to 2 TBS of regular Hidden Valley Ranch, which has a whopping 14 grams of fat! That's quite a difference. The dressing I ate today had 2.5 grams in the entire package. But the salad itself contained lettuce, snow peas, red pepper, soy beans, mandarin oranges, carrots, and maybe one or two other ingredients. I also usually have to have two packets of dressing when I go to McDonald's, but today only allowed myself one, and it was the perfect amount. I now have a new favorite when I go to Micky-D's with my kids!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I LOVE the Asian salad at McDonald's. It has just enough kick to be interesting but not so much to make it inedible.

Have a great vacation!

Jenn

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy R said...

It's been years since I went to the Highland fair. One of these years we'll have to make it back.