Thursday, September 20, 2007

From Little Girl to Bride

I'm going to have to miss the football game tomorrow night. The daughter of one of my best friends is getting married. I worked with Donna (my awesome friend) at my first "real" job out of college, ITT Financial Services in Florissant, MO. I knew the day I met Donna that I needed to stay on her good side. She was the office assistant and one of those people who could make or break you at your job. I remember that I had only worked there for 2 months when secretary's day came along and I knew it was a must to get something for Donna! I can't remember what I got her or did for her that day, but I know she appreciated it and our friendship was formed. She is one of those people who would be there for me or for my family for anything. We don't see each other very often and certainly don't spend enough time together these days, but I know that when I need her, she will be there. I first met her daughter Stephanie when she was 9. Steph and my hubby used to go to Blues practices together and get autographs. Steph thought that was pretty cool back then. They would do that on days when there was no school but Donna and I still had to work. We were jealous. I've watched Steph grow up from elementary school to middle school, to her high school graduation and eventually college graduation. I saw her turn 21 a few years ago and will now see her become a bride. I can seriously remember back to what seems like only yesterday when Donna introduced me to her. Time flies. Donna has always been a single mom and I'm sure that Steph getting married will not be easy. But then again when you know that the people you love are happy, it somehow makes things more tolerable. So, happy almost wedding day, Steph! I'm sure you and your mom will both be beautiful and I wouldn't miss this occasion for the world! I love you both!

No comments: