Friday, January 25, 2008

Planning For The Summer

Last night, I met with several other people in our "group" and we chose our Cardinal tickets for this summer's games. Hubby and I share a season ticket package with these people and we buy 5 games of 4 seats and 5 games of 2 seats. That way, we get to go as a family sometimes but also, he and I get a "date night" once in awhile too. I love Cardinal baseball. Even if the team is going to be made of up "strangers" this year, we will eventually have to get used to these players! I grew up going to Busch Stadium and I just love the smell of the place. I reminds me of being a kid and walking across the bridge from the old parking garage into the stadium with my parents and brother! Great memories. But anyway, I feel that a couple of the dates I picked were awesome. I got Friday, July 4! So we plan to book a hotel room (and yes, I know I should do this sooner than later) downtown and stay down there for the fireworks, etc. Even though Fair St. Louis is smaller than it used to be, it will still be fun. Also, I got Friday May 30, which is my birthday. When I was growing up, I used to ask my dad to try to get "Shell seats" for my birthday every year. (My dad worked for Shell Oil and they had 4 tickets to each game 10 rows behind the Cardinal dugout.) My dad usually succeeded and if I was really lucky, he would have my name put on the scoreboard!

Also, today, I booked all of our Disney meal reservations for this summer. You can book these 180 days out and today was exactly 180 days before the first reservation. Well, I found out that since we are staying on Disney property, I could go ahead and book ALL of my reservations for meals, even if some of them were more than 180 days away! YAY! So here is what I booked: the first night we will attend the Polynesian Luau. I really wanted to book Mickey's Backyard BBQ but this will be a Wednesday night and they only do the BBQ on Thursday - Sunday nights. I've always wanted to do the Luau anyway so I guess it was a sign. The next day (which is also our 15-year anniversary) we will have dinner at the 50's Prime Time Cafe in MGM Studios. The day after that, we will have lunch with the Princesses in Cinderella's Castle in the Magic Kingdom. And the day after that, we will have breakfast at Chef Mickey's in the Contenporary Resort. Then we go on our 4-day Disney cruise, then come back to Disney World, and one of those days, we will eat at a restaurant in the Canada portion of Epcot called Le Celliar. It's a steakhouse. I was having trouble trying to decide between that one and the sit-down restaurant in Mexico, but for whatever reason, chose Canada. We shall see.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth...when are you guys gonna be at Disney..and,where are you staying?? Also..Mary Ann talked to your Dad the other evening. As usual, he got emotional, but, sounds like your Mom is doing as good as can be expected at this point. We're continuing to pray for her, and all of your family. We love you guys. "Hi" to Bruce, and the girls....

Scrapping My 2 Precious Gems said...

You have picked some really good restaurants! We went to the Luau in 2005 and loved it. That salad and bread they give in the beginning is incredibly YUMMY!!!!

Lunch at the castle was good, the Major Domo Pie is a must do.
Chef Mickey's is great just for the characters. Food was OK.

But our all-time favorite was Le Cellier. WOW is all I can say. We can not wait to go back to Epcot just to eat there again!

Enjoy the Cruise! We are already planning our next one...Fall 2009!