Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Day Sunday

Today was spent at the St. Louis Zoo with some old college friends of mine. Old friends are the best because you don't feel like you have to work so hard to please them.....they have been in your life long enough for you to know that even though you don't see each other more than about once a year, you can pretty much just pick up right where you left off. And our husbands and children just blend in with each other as well. It was nice. We visited the dinosaur exhibit and I managed to get sprayed in the face by one of them! We saw a good bit of the zoo in the 4 hours we were there. After leaving, we headed over to one of our very favorite restaurants just a block away from the Missouri History Museum in Forest Park. We love eating at Talayna's. I think we introduced my one friend to it when she was a student at Wash U and we have all been going there together ever since! They have the best house salad dressing! Hubby LOVES their lasagna. But nothing you order is ever bad. Yum yum yum!

I'm sorry I don't have any zoo pics to post. I took my film camera to the zoo today. I am saving for a new digital but don't quite have enough yet. Hopefully after my birthday on Friday, I will be there. Happy Memorial Day everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, all I can say is. Im hungry.