Friday, May 16, 2008

Summer Vacation Starts

Today was the last day of school for high school students. If they didn't have to take final exams, they were done on Wednesday. Us teachers have to go back on Monday, Tuesday (the report card day for the elementary and middle schoolers), and Wednesday. I have some meetings to attend on those days but I will basically just be wrapping things up. They will be easy, laid-back days. I may start to work on some lesson planning for next year. It just doesn't seem like summer vacation time yet though. Maybe that is because it is so early this year or maybe it's because the weather just doesn't seem summer-ish. When I think of summer vacation starting, I think of WANTING to be in the pool. And that just hasn't been the case this week. I can't imagine being in the pool! I would be freezing! I hope it warms up soon so my mood changes a bit.

I got the nicest card today from a student which was totally unexpected. Had someone told me during the first month of school that this girl would give me a card on the last day, I would have said they were crazy. But strange things happen. I e-mailed the girl's parents today too and told them how I felt about their daughter and then the mom e-mailed me back. She told me of what a terrible week she had been having (she shared details of this) and that my e-mail to her had completely made her day. She said she was going to print and frame it! Wow. Sometimes the little things can mean so much!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a wonderful teacher and it is no wonder that studnets love you!!!

Scrapping My 2 Precious Gems said...

A simple heartwarming note is worth so much! School ends in our township on June 18th. So we still have a few more weeks to go. Enjoy your summer vacation!

Anonymous said...

Yuts, daw palagpat imo blog.

Anonymous said...

I just came across your post and found that you've been out of school a whole month already. WOW! This is only my 5th day away from the madness. I am hitting the road with my girlfriends and heading to the ocean. It will be nice to get away from our 100 degree days.