Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Weight Frustration

Well, I really don't have much to write about. Our life has been pretty boring as of late, which I guess is good. I know that I HATE trying to lose weight. Why can't I just have good metabolism? Seriously. My brother and I came from the same 2 parents and he is the one who gets to be skinny. Why? Not fair. There have been 3 times in my past when I have lost pretty significant amounts of weight (30 lbs, 40 lbs, and 45 lbs) only to gain it and some more back over the following year. Augh. At school now, we are doing this "Biggest Loser" thing. I have lost 19 pounds so far but still don't really feel any different. I think this time my strategy is going to be to lose it maybe a bit more slowly but to KEEP IT OFF this time. We'll see how that works out. I do realize though that it simply needs to be a lifestyle change. I don't have to monitor every single bite that goes into my mouth, but I do need to make exercise and activity a bigger part of my life. I have been doing pretty good with that; I just need to keep it up.....forever! Tomorrow is weigh-in day and I sure hope I've lost at least something since last week. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth, I think 19lbs is awesome!!! My family is at the end of a Biggest Loser contest and despite huge changes in my eating/exercise habits I've not lost all that much. Go girl!!!

Nancy R said...

19 is great! Congrats!