Friday, August 24, 2007

1300+ Big Sighs All At Once

Yeah, so today during 6th hour, we hear the announcement that we will be CONTINUING our wonderful heat schedule for another week. Yep, that's right, I get to continue to start teaching at 6:45am for another week. My student teacher (who has about a 40 minute drive every morning) about had a coronary when she heard the news. And I swear that you could hear just about every student at Triad High School all sigh or cry at once. Honestly, now that I've sort of gotten used to the schedule, I don't mind it so much. I have a big chunk of my own day left even after the school day is over, which is nice. I'm not real fond of getting my own children up at 5:40am though so we can leave by 6:10. That part isn't fun at all. When I tucked them in just a little while ago, I reminded them that they could sleep until noon tomorrow if they wish, and even as young as they are, they were pretty darn happy about that!

No comments: