Monday, March 24, 2008


We arrived at Westport Plaza and checked into the Sheraton Hotel around 12:30pm on Friday. We went to our room and found it to be very nice but without a tub, only a shower. That suits us though because we aren't typically bath people anyway. The girls of course wanted to swim immediately. So Hubby took them to the pool while I got to stay in the room and scrapbook for about 2 hours. The desk was huge and very condusive to scrapbooking, so that was wonderful! Once they came back (about 3:00), they showered and got cleaned up and we headed out.

There aren't any stores at Westport anymore, at least not just little trinket-y sorts of stores. But there are still several restaurants. We checked out Pujols 5, Nino's, Kobe's Steakhouse (which was formerly The Robata of Japan), and finally decided to eat at Ozzie's. The food was good and we were able to watch NCAA basketball while we ate. Then we decided to drive to West County Mall, since none of us had ever been there. We were pleasantly surprised at how big the mall was. We managed to spend some $$$ at Dick's Sporting Goods. B1 got some new athletic shorts to wear for practices, pitching lessons, etc. I got some new capri sweats, and Hubby bought some things he would need to coach B2's softball team this spring/summer. B2 got some Spongebob Squarepants ornaments for her Crocs shoes.

Once we got back to Westport, we "had" to go into the Cold Stone Creamery for dessert. YUM! We were back in our room by 9:00pm and Hubby was in bed by 9:15. I scrapbooked until 11:00. The girls played restaurant and served me up some nice ice cubes on a tray! at 10:00, we discovered that "Titanic" was on TV, so we watched the remainder of it, which ended at 11:00.

The next morning, Hubby ventured out and walked to St. Louis Bread Co. to get me an asiago cheese bagel. Then he walked to McDonald's to get breakfast for himself and the girls. We had breakfast in bed! They went to the pool again at about 10:00am while I did some more scrapbooking. They returned a little after 11:00, we all got cleaned up, and checked out just before 12:00. Next up: Dave and Buster's!!!

We chose to eat our lunch meal inside the game room at Dave and Buster's. Previously, we always ate in the quieter dining room, but we discovered that if you eat in the game room, you don't have to wait for a table. That was fine with us; we just had to talk a bit louder to each other! After the meal, we of course played lots of games. At one point, I actually wondered if we had put TOO MANY credits on our cards!?! But we managed to play them all off. Then it was time for B1 and B2 to "shop" in the store. We had 3470 credits. B2 found a big stuffed dog right away (she LOVES dogs) but B1 couldn't find anything to suit her. So we chose to save the credits until next time.

We had to stop at a grocery store on the way home so I could pick up a couple items needed to prepare my dish for Sunday. We finally got home at about 5:00pm. A good time was had by all!

1 comment:

Dan D. said...

Hi Beth. Sorry we didn't get to see you guys while we were down there this weekend. We DID have a nice visit with your Mom and Dad on Saturday for about an hour and a half. Your Mom says she's just tired all the time, and very rarely, if ever, gets off the couch or out of the big chair all day. Your Dad sure is a trooper, since it appears he's doing all the cooking, cleaning, etc..etc..
Anyway..sounds like you had a great time in St. Louis. Take care, and, tell Bruce and the girls "Hi" from Mary Ann and me. See ya..