Monday, March 10, 2008

Impressed

Every night when I go to bed, I say prayers. I have done this since I was a small child. I remember that I was taught the Lord's Prayer in Sunday School and before I knew it, I had it memorized. One night when my dad tucked me into bed when I was maybe 3 or 4 years old, I recited the Lord's Prayer. He was so impressed that he yelled for my mom to come and listen to me! At Sunday School, B2 has now learned the names of the 12 disciples. I was very impressed with this. I didn't even know they were working on this until she informed me that she knew all 12 of their names. She has them memorized in alphabetical order and can rattle them off in about 5 seconds! It's pretty cool. She has also learned the Golden Rule. Kudos to her Sunday School teachers for making good use of their time with these children every week! As long as she remembers them (and I plan to quiz her periodically throughout the upcoming years), this is one less thing she will have to learn when she gets to confirmation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You made a certain teacher feel very good.