Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happenings.....

Things going on with us.....

* B1 is almost done with basketball tryouts. Tomorrow, after tryouts are over, each girl is going to get an envelope to take with them. Inside will be a piece of paper that will either say "sorry, try again next year" or "see you tomorrow at practice." Just love the suspense.....

* B2 can finally do a backhandspring (is that ALL one word?)! She's been taking gymnastics lessons for several years now so I think it's about time she gets this. Let's hope she keeps moving forward, learning new things.

* Bruce is coaching B2's basketball team. They are going to play in the same league as B1 did last year and the games start SOON. They only began practicing last week and only have 7 girls on the team. This ought to be interesting.

* I am just about done wrapping up the first quarter at school. It doesn't actually end until Oct. 20, but I have my exams, my exam reviews, and my final tests and quizzes of the quarter all made. I can actually now begin working on next quarter. That feels pretty good!

* The Cardinals begin their quest tonight for another World Championship. I've heard that the "critics" say it will be a Cardinal/Yankee World Series. That would be pretty cool, especially if we beat them! We have tickets to go to the game on Saturday and I am excited to watch Game 1 later tonight!

* This week is homecoming spirit week at school. I dressed up as the nerd again today, like I did last year. And once again, I got several laughs out loud from random people. I actually think I looked better this year than last year because this year, in addition to a belt, I also wore suspenders and I buttoned my shirt all the way up. One of my female students told me that I can pull the nerd thing off "way too easily"! I think that was a cut-down, not a compliment. Oh well!

* One of my favorite students, Theo, was nominated to the Homecoming Court. I think those who voted for him made an excellent choice. He is such a good guy! I also blogged about him here, here, and here.

* I have been craving taco soup for a week or more now so tonight I made some. It is super-easy and soooo yummy! It hit the spot!

I guess that's about it for now. More another time.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where is the recipe and the pic of the soup?