Thursday, July 10, 2008

Lots of Green Tomatoes

Last year I posted about all the little cherry tomatoes I had grown in my garden. There were a lot! Today I went out to check the garden for the first time since Sunday (class and ball games have kept me from doing so any earlier this week) and I found the 6 little guys you see in the 4th picture. I ate 2 of them and they were yummy! There are TONS of little green cherry tomatoes on the vines! They look like grapes hanging there. I also have regular size tomatoes but still, none of them are turning red. I used to think my parents and my grandma were so old when they would enjoy checking their gardens. I guess I am old now too.

This little guy will be ready in a day or two.
Picking the first tomatoes of the season is kind of exciting!

Here's another picture of the hydrangea bush. Some of the blooms are starting to dry out now but it sure was pretty!

4 comments:

Linlee said...

Homegrown tomatoes are the best! I've gotten about 3 off my plants so far. I can't wait for more!

Unknown said...

Very NICE, and just in time to avoid any more ecoli scares!! :O

Saint Louis Family Robinson said...

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about myself... feeling like and old woman going out to check on the garden every morning! ha!

Have to ask about The Hydrangea: How do you get your plant to bloom. Mine has NOT bloomed since we moved here three years ago (it was blooming the summer when we bought the house... but hasn't bloomed since!).

Beth said...

The hydrangea question....I don't know. I really don't. I am lucky to have a father with a green thumb. When we had our sunroom added on, he was just salivating for us to let him landscape around it for us so we said "sure." We gave him $$$ and he went shopping, picked out the plants and planted them. Hubby and he then put the rocks and concrete edging around everything. Anyway, I have done nothing but gotten lucky and trimmed it back each fall. I think the fact that my DAD planted it is why it blooms. Really. Sorry I wasn't more help. Hang in there though, maybe next year yours will bloom.