Friday, June 4, 2010

June 4, 2010

Let me just start out by saying that I am LOVING summer vacation! Duh, you might think, of course teachers love summer vacation. But so far this summer, it seems like we've got a lot of things accomplished at home. Also, I have been either walking, riding my bike, or working out on some exercise equipment every day first thing in the morning. B1 has been joining me for the most part.

Today, for example, we worked out on exercise equipment in Highland (a friend who owns several different machines has a workout spot in her husband's business building and several ladies go there on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to use her machines), then I came home, changed into my bathing suit under my workout clothes, biked 4 miles, and once I got back home, immediately got into the swimming pool! Ahhh.....relaxation for a little while! Before I got into the pool, I opened the windows in our sunroom and turned on the ceiling fan in there and while I was doing that, the thought ran through my head that we are really lucky to have a mini-vacation destination right in our own back yard! We really do. If I choose to, I can leisurely swim, take a break and watch TV in the sunroom, come in and make a little lunch, eat in the sunroom, throw the dog's ball for awhile, swim some more, etc. It's awesome! Yesterday, the 4 of us played cards for awhile in the afternoon in the sunroom. Perfect! I love being married to another teacher!


Last Thursday, we took up the task of cleaning B2's room. This is a MAJOR endeavor in our house. The last time we cleaned it like this was 2 years ago. Last year, we sort of cleaned her room, but not to my highest expectations. Anyway, we threw away 2.5 bags of trash and got 1 big box ready to donate to Goodwill. Here are 2 "before" and "after" shots; the first one includes our little slob child. This is just one corner of the place. You can get an idea from this!

No comments: