Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Vacation Day 1

As I have typed here in the past, my dad's mother used to go on family vacations with us all the time. While we were gone, she kept a journal of where we went, where we stayed, where we ate, etc. I began doing the same thing when I was a young girl. I used to write in a journal like Grandma did but now I type a word document on our laptop while we are gone and then print it out in hardcopy form once we get home.

For some reason, I am having trouble uploading pictures. I am not sure if this problem is going to get better as the trip goes on or not. If not, I will definitely be posting pictures once we get home.

Tuesday and Wednesday, June 29 & 30, 2010: We had Cardinal tickets for the game on Tuesday night. We went to the game after we stopped at White Castle for dinner for the girls. Bruce and I got Philly sandwiches at the game (so yummy!). It was a beautiful night in St. Louis – about 80 degrees! The Cardinals were up 8-0 after 7.5 innings so we decided to leave and get going on our vacation! We had to stop at St. Louis Mills Mall to finally give Donna the Miche purse she ordered from my party a month ago (she was going to the midnight showing of “Eclipse”) and then we were off! We drove as far as Columbia, MO and then stopped at a really nice Quality Inn Hotel. We went to sleep right away. In the morning (today), we got up about 6:30, got showered, and had breakfast at the hotel. It was a great hotel breakfast – eggs, biscuits and gravy, bacon, fruit, cereal, bagels, etc. We then spent most of the day driving. We got to Kansas City and then went north on I-29, into Iowa and finally South Dakota. At Sioux City, SD, we headed west again on I-80. Lunch was at Taco Bell in Council Bluffs, Iowa and dinner was at Al’s Oasis in Chamberlain, SD. We are now at an America’s Best Value Inn in Kadoka, SD. This hotel does not have a pool so we are playing cards in the room tonight while we watch TV. We are about 2 hours away from Deadwood, where we will go tomorrow!

No comments: